Cardiac rehab helps you regain strength and stamina after a heart procedure or an event like a heart attack. The Cardiac Rehab Program at UC Davis Health was the first of its kind in the Sacramento region. As the region’s most experienced team, we use our knowledge to help you recover and prevent future heart problems.
Who needs cardiac rehabilitation?
To participate in the cardiac rehab program, you must have had one of these conditions or treatments within the past 12 months:
Cardiac rehab at UC Davis
Our Cardiac Rehab Program is nationally certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. This certification is a sign of our commitment to patient safety, quality care and medical excellence — and we have been dedicated to cardiac rehab excellence for more than two decades.
Your customized program features:
- Dedicated team: You receive one-on-one guidance from highly skilled specialists. Members of your care team include cardiologists, exercise physiologists, registered nurses, registered dietitians and health and behavior psychologists.
- Personalized recovery plan: Your team creates a plan to help strengthen your heart and improve your overall health. This plan is not one-size-fits-all: It factors in your specific needs and personal goals. We work with you through this process, ensuring you feel supported and motivated as you reach each milestone.
- Guided physical activity: Guided strength training and aerobic exercises help improve stamina and reduce stress. All activities are closely supervised to ensure your safe return to daily activities.
Lifestyle modification programs
Conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, strain your heart. Our experts help you understand and manage these conditions that contribute to heart disease.
Your cardiac rehab sessions include educational classes. Our experts help you make healthy lifestyle changes that improve heart health. Topics include:
- Disease management for diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Healthy eating and weight management
- Medication management
- Physical activity
- Smoking cessation
- Stress reduction
- Wound healing
Cardiac rehab class schedule
Cardiac rehab is a 12-week program with up to 90-minute exercise and education classes. We hold classes three days per week.
You choose which days and times work best for your schedule. Once you do, we ask that you stick to that class schedule for the rest of the program.
We offer classes on:
- Mondays and Wednesdays (in person) at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays (in person) at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3 p.m.
- Fridays (virtual classes) at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. or 3 p.m.
Classes take place at:
Lawrence J. Ellison Ambulatory Care Center
4860 Y Street, Suite 0214 (basement level)
Sacramento, CA 95817
COVID-19 safety information
We have added safety measures to keep you and our staff safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. During class, you must wear a mask and practice social distancing. Please don’t come to a session if you have any COVID-19 symptoms or don’t feel well.
To connect with UC Davis Cardiac Rehab, please call 916-734-8407.