Begin A New Study
To prepare for a new study at the Imaging Research Center, please follow these steps:
- Download and fill out this form: Protocol Initiation Form (PIF)
- Attach your protocol for review of safety issues and technical feasibility. At this time, please contact the IRC's Technical Director, Dr. Costin Tanase (916-703-5097, email@example.com) for review of the technical details of your protocol.
- For human subjects, attach your approved UC Davis IRB consent form. For an animal study, include an IACUC approval letter and your Protocol for Animal Use and Care.
- Submit the completed application to Scott Martin (916-734-4595, firstname.lastname@example.org). Please allow 2-3 weeks for technical review and processing. A free scan with Dr. Tanase may be required to finalize the MRI side of your study before your protocol is approved. Once your protocol is approved, you will want to reserve time with the appropriate resources (e.g. the Siemens 3T or a behavioral testing room). Use of the MRI scanners is billed on an hourly basis.
- Be sure to get Safety Training and Operator Training completed for anyone who intends to run MRI scans.