With its broad range of expertise in biology, medicine and veterinary medicine, UC Davis has built a strong foundation in stem cell research. Sharing the lead in this exciting effort, UC Davis School of Medicine researchers have embarked on stem cell studies that will focus on, among other things, Huntington's disease, HIV/AIDS and cancer.
In addition, UC Davis has experts involved in public policy, bioethical considerations and in the basic medical questions regarding potential results and benefits of stem cell research.
The following faculty members are available for comment on different aspects of this area of research:
Jan A. Nolta, Ph.D., Professor
Director, UC Davis Stem Cell Program
Director, UC Davis Institute for Regenerative Cures
- Alice Tarantal, Ph.D.
- Sean Bissing - Manager, Stem Cell Program
- Jane McCluskey - Analyst, Stem Cell Program
- Eliza Cocker - Human Resources, Stem Cell Program
- Brian Fury - Director, GMP Facility
- Angelica Bachman - Manager, Translational Lab, Stem Cell Program
- Suzanne Pontow, Director, Umbilical Cord Blood Collection Program, Stem Cell Program
- Geralyn Annett, CLS - Director, Alpha Stem Cell Clinic