The CardioVascular Research Institute (CVRI) mission is to:
- The goal of the CVRI is to make a difference in cardiovascular disease from bench to bedside and back.
- UC Davis has tremendous strength and international recognition in fundamental, translationally-oriented CV research. The CVRI will enhance visibility for UCD CV research.
- The CVRI will create state-of-the-art core facilities and programs fostering multi-lab collaboration and a home-base for the sharing of ideas, training workshops, training grants & multi-PI grants, research cross-training and nurturing mentoring for early career investigators.
- The CVRI will foster joint faculty recruitment in key gap areas across department-college lines.
- The CVRI will create a recognizable focus for extramural fund-raising and development.
- The CVRI will be a key component in developing a more comprehensive Cardiovascular Institute that includes clinical, community, and population-based components.