- In the upper left hand corner of the scanner screen is a window containing several icons. Jump to the exam browser desktop by clicking the icon that shows a computer and filing cabinet connected by a cable.
- From the exam browser menu, choose "Network -> Select(ed) remote host". Then select the server you want to send your data to (e.g. boomerang).
- With your exam selected, choose "Network -> Send examination".
- In the status area (lower right-hand corner of the icon window), you should see a message that says "Sending...". When the transfer is complete, the status message becomes "Sent...".
- (Optional) To see the status of all the scanner's network transfers, choose "Queue -> Network" from the menu. If your job is listed as "Active", then it is currently being transferred.
- If you transferred your images to boomerang, it should become available on the IRC Calendar within an hour.
- Troubleshooting: to test the network connection, use "Network -> Ping DICOM host". You should see a message about the host being alive. You can also try sending a single image ("Network -> Send image" in the menu). A "Sent" status message should quickly appear. If the transfer doesn't seem to be working, please contact the receiving server's administrator (Scott Martin for the IRC Linux servers).
Functional images (P-files)
- In the upper left hand corner of the scanner screen is a window containing several icons. Jump to the tools desktop by clicking the icon that contains pictures of tools.
- In the lower left of the desktop is a window entitled "Services Desktop Manager". Open a command-line window by clicking the "C Shell" button at the bottom of this window.
- In the command-line window, change to the "/usr/g/mrraw" directory by entering this command:
- Type "ls -l" to locate your P-files. Use the timestamps to determine which one was produced first.
- Now transfer the P-files by typing in something like this:
transfer_pfiles P12345.7 my_account boomerang
In this example, P12345.7 is the first P-file you identified in the previous step. Replace my_account and boomerang with your username and server, respectively. You will be asked for a password and then the transfer will begin.
- Once the P-files have been successfully sent, you will need to log into the server. You should see the P-files in your home directory. Move them to the appropriate subject directory on your server.
- Reconstruct the P-files. (IRC Linux servers only)
The easiest way to do this is with the "recon_epi" command. To reconstruct a single P-file, type something like
This will reconstruct the P-file and place the resulting Analyze images into a directory called "12345_func_an". If a directory with this name already exists, the program will give an error message and stop.
To reconstruct all of the P-files at once, type this:
Several directories will be created, one for each P-file.