Expertise in both rare and common infectious diseases
The UC Davis team includes experts in managing diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites, including HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, tuberculosis, Clostridium difficile, MRSA and valley fever. In addition to complete consultation, testing and treatment, we offer specialized services such as:
- outreach and education to help prevent exposures and the spread of disease
- guidance for those concerned about potential exposures to various pathogens
- leadership in implementing antimicrobial stewardship programs
- collaboration in addressing and managing infectious diseases that can occur with trauma or compromised immune systems (for instance, for patients with cancer or undergoing bone marrow or solid organ transplants)
- programs aimed at controlling hospital-acquired infections and antibiotic-resistant organisms
Many of our physicians are researchers who are rapidly improving infectious disease treatments and educators who are actively training the next generation of infectious diseases specialists.
UC Davis Infectious Diseases clinics
Our main Infectious Diseases Clinic in the Lawrence J. Ellison Ambulatory Care Center on the Sacramento campus of UC Davis is a major Northern California referral center for infectious diseases treatment.
Our Travelers Clinic, also located in the Ellison Building, provides specialized care before and after international journeys.
Our faculty serve as medical staff at One Community Health in mid-town Sacramento, providing comprehensive care for those with HIV/AIDS.
Our infusion center — known as the Acute Infections Management (AIM) Service — is within UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento and provides intravenous antibiotic treatment for infectious diseases and management of wounds that do not require hospitalization. The service is available to UC Davis patients through physician referral.
We also collaborate with physicians in caring for patients with infectious diseases at community hospitals and clinics throughout Northern California.
Infectious Diseases Clinic and Travelers Clinic
Lawrence J. Ellison Ambulatory Care Center
4860 Y St.
Sacramento, CA 95817
Phone: 916-734-2737 (select option 1 for appointments)
Prescription refills fax: 916-734-5484