In today's podcast we review the topic of noise and the harmful effects of environmental sound exposure on developing ears. We review how to minimize potential damage from sound, picking appropriate headphones and toys. We discuss screening for hearing loss at routine well child visits and some easy tips to implement at home.
This episode was written by Dr. Dean Blumberg and Dr. Lena van der List. We thank Dr. Jamie Funamura, a pediatric otolaryngologist at UC Davis Children’s Hospital for reviewing this episode.
- Healthy Children How Noise Affects Children
- Healthy Children If I Can Hear It, It's Too Loud: Earbuds & Teen Hearing Loss
- World Health Organization Safe Listening Devices and Systems: WHO-ITU standard
- Healthy Children Tips to Preserve Your Child’s Hearing during the Holidays
- Sight & Hearing Association Annual Noisy Toys List
- Healthy Children Hearing Loss in Children
Photo from Best Products