The CTSC CRC Mentoring Program is a one-on-one mentoring program for UC Davis Clinical Research Coordinators and other research staff. Priority is given to those participating in FDA-regulated clinical trials with drugs, devices or dietary supplements. The program is provided for a maximum of 10 hours of face-to-face training with a CTSC mentor. A $1,000 fee is charged at entry into the program.
Mentoring Program Goals:
- Expand knowledge of resources for clinical trials education and training
- Provide individual personalized mentoring based on the mentee’s level of skills, knowledge and experience
- Assess current level of skills and knowledge
- Receive personalized education and training plan
- Receive hands-on training for selected areas of core expertise
- Increase comfort level in job responsibilities
- Intake - Read CTSC Clinical Trials SOP#3 and go over Competency Assessment Checklist (included in the SOP)
- Introductory meeting - Review knowledge gaps and design personalized training plan.
- On site evaluation and assessment - Informed consent process and documentation, blood draws, regulatory binders, Invision/EMR, preparation of regulatory documents.
- Review - The mentoring program is considered complete when the identified knowledge/performance gaps are closed. The Coordinator Competencies Checklist will be used to evaluate completion of assigned training or tasks. Each section of the checklist will be dated and initialed by both the mentor and the mentee after completion.
Questions? Contact Virina De Jesus, Clinical Research Supervisor, CRC Mentoring Program Lead, CTSC Clinical Trials Office, at email@example.com.