Important Dates and Deadlines
Prior to each academic term, students receive an electronic bill from the STUDENT ACCOUNTING office. This e-bill will list all term-based charges, and any authorized financial aid will appear as a credit. When the student is enrolled full time, has satisfied all requirements for disbursement of financial aid and all holds are cleared, financial aid will be applied to the student's account.
Medical Students: (late fee of $110 may apply)
|MS1||MS2, MS3, MS4|
Nursing Students: (late fee of $110 may apply)
Public Health and Informatics Students: (late fee of $110 may apply)
See University Registrar Fee and Billing Calendar for other deadlines
Estimated Refund Dates
|Year 1 ACEPC||ARC-MD
||MS1||MS2, MS3, MS4|
|All Programs||DNP, NP, PA, MEPN||PhD|
Public Health and Informatics Students:
How Refunds are Issued:
If funds from financial aid exceed the total charges, Student Accounting will generate a "refund." Refunds are generally available within 3-5 days of the start of each quarter. Direct deposit is recommended (enroll online here). (Be sure to confirm the actual deposit date with your banking institution.) In the event a paper check is issued, it will be held in Davis at Student Accounting for 10 days, and then mailed to the address on the student's campus SISWeb account, please make sure your address is up to date.
If financial aid funds are less than the total charges, the student will need to pay the remaining amount by the tuition/fee payment deadline. See PAYMENT METHODS.
- NOTE: The tuition, fees, and charges posted on your e-bill are estimates based on currently approved amounts. These figures may not be final. Actual tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California and could be affected by State funding reductions. Accordingly, final approved levels (and thus a student's final balance due) may differ from the amounts shown.
- Some or all instruction for all or part of the Academic Year may be delivered remotely. Tuition and fees have been set regardless of the method of instruction and will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely for any part of the Academic Year. Figures for tuition and fees represent currently approved or proposed amounts and may not be final. Actual tuition and fees are subject to change by the University of California as determined to be necessary or appropriate. Final approved tuition and fee levels may differ from the amounts presented.
- Campus-Based fees are estimates subject to UCOP and/or campus processes and actions during Spring 2022.
The Financial Aid office will be closed on the following holiday dates in 2023:
- New Years Day - Jan. 2
- Martin Luther King Day - Jan. 16
- Presidents Day - Feb. 20
- Ceaser Chavez Day - Mar. 31
- Memorial Day - May 29
- Independence Day - July 4
- Labor Day - Sept. 4
- Veterans Day - Nov. 10
- Thanksgiving - Nov. 23-24
- Winter Holiday - Dec. 23-31