Medical Record options with Health Information Management
Viewing Medical Records Online through MyUCDavisHealth
- Patient Access (Self-Access)
- MyUCDavisHealth allows you to view your medical records via online or through the MyUCDavisHealth App for your smart phone or other smart device (Ipad, Tablet, etc).
- MyUCDavisHealth Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
- Patients must be at least 12 years of age for Self-Access
- Patient Representative Access (Proxy-Access)
- MyUCDavisHealth (Proxy-Access) allows access for a patient's legal representative (spouse, parent, guardian, conservator, etc) access, a Proxy account can be created.
- Patients can sign the Proxy Authorization form to grant access (for patients over 18 years of age), If the patient is unable to sign, legal documentation will be required (Medical Power of Attorney, etc)
- The Patient Representative or Proxy does NOT have to be a UC Davis Patient
- Please complete the MyUCDavisHealth Proxy Access form and submit to Health Information Management by fax, email or mail:
- Fax: 916-734-2126
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. mail: UC Davis Health, Health Information Management Medical/Legal Release of Information Unit. 4301 X St., Building #12. Sacramento, CA 95817
- New Users sign up:
- Any other questions can be emailed to:
The MyUCDavisHealth app lets you securely access your account while you’re on the go.
Download from the APP Store Download from Google Play
Request a copy of Your Medical Records
Changing your Medical Records
- If something is incorrect or needs to be updated, send a message to your doctor's office using the MyUCDavisHealth Advice Message. You can also ask your doctor to correct any inaccurate information at your next clinic visit. Health information is reviewed and updated at each visit.
- You may also complete the Request to Amend PHI and submit to Health Information Management.
Who has viewed your Medical Records
Request a special restriction on your Medical Records
- UC Davis Health may use or disclose patient's Protected Health Information (PHI) for the purposes of treatment, payment or health care operations. UC Davis Health may disclose information to someone involved in a patient's care or the payment of care, such as a family member or friend.
- Complete the Request for Special Restriction of Protected Health Information and Confidential Communications form and submit to Health Information Management.
Sharing Your Medical Records through Health Information Exchange
Patients are automatically set to opt in to HIE, meaning information will be shared with participating physicians and health care providers unless you provide instructions to opt out. If you wish to opt out of participating in UC Davis Health’s HIE, you can easily do so when checking in for your next visit at UC Davis Health and completing the UC Davis Health Information Exchange Patient Opt-out Form and mailing it back to the Health Information Management Department at the address below. By opting out of HIE, you are agreeing to be removed from all HIE electronic portals.
UC Davis Health
Health Information Management Department
2315 Stockton Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95817