Drop Policy for Elective Courses
To outline the drop policy for elective courses.
All medical students
8.6 Monitoring of Completion of Required Clinical Experiences
8.8 Monitoring Student Time
- Drop: disenrollment from a course at least 15 days before the course begins.
- Late Drop: requesting disenrollment of a course within 14 days of the course, or after the start of a course.
- Students may drop an elective course up to 15 days before the course’s start date without approval.
- Late drops are only permitted with approval from the Course Director(s), the Curriculum Manager and the Dean of Students.
- Post-clerkship phase students are not permitted to drop a course after February 1.
- To drop a course:
- Pre-Clerkship phase students must contact the Pre-Clerkship Curriculum Manager and the Registrar’s Office
- Clerkship phase students must contact the Clerkship Curriculum Manager
- Post-Clerkship phase students must submit a request in eFlight
- To late drop a course, students must obtain written permission from the Course Director(s), Curriculum Manager and Associate Dean for Students. Late drops will only be considered due to exceptional circumstances.
- If late drops occur more than two times, students may be referred to the Director of Medical Student Professionalism for consultation and assistance in addressing the root cause of these issues.
UC Davis School of Medicine Bylaws and Regulations, Regulation 60: Requirements for the Degree Doctor of Medicine
Drop Policy: Required Courses
Associate Dean for Students
Committee on Educational Policy
Curriculum Enrichment Subcommittee
REVIEWED DATE and REVIEW CYCLE
January 2024; 3-year cycle
* Indicates the Policy Owner