- Nearly 15% of married couples have difficulty conceiving a child. There is an equal probability that either partner is a contributing factor.
- Medical and surgical treatments can improve abnormal semen.
Microscopic vasectomy reversal
- Also known as a vasovasostomy/vasoepididymostomy.
- This is a surgical procedure to reconnect the vas deferens tubes that are cut during a vasectomy.
- Our doctors use an operative microscope for precision.
- Dr. Clavijo performs vasectomy reversal surgery at CalIVF in Sacramento at this price (includes facility,anesthesia and surgeon fees):
Vasectomy reversal $5900
- Call (916) 734-2222 for consultation.
- You can also email Dr Clavijo at: email@example.com for more information.
Chances of success for a vasovasostomy
- Chance of returning sperm to the semen and pregnancy depends on the type of vasectomy reversal that is performed, which itself depends on how long ago the vasectomy was. Since a man's sperm count decreases as he ages, it also depends on the age of the patient and his potential to make sperm. Female factors also play a significant role in the pregnancy rate.
Epididymal obstruction can decrease success of reversal
- Our doctors will perform a vasoepididymostomy during the vasectomy reversal, if it would be beneficial to increase surgical success.
- Most men have mild pain after surgery.
- Walking and light activity are resumed quickly.
- Sexual intercourse is not permitted for 14 days.
- Strenuous activity should be avoided for one month.
Alternatives to increase pregnancy success
- Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) of sperm can be performed, if the sperm count is inadequate.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) where eggs are removed from the woman's ovaries and placed in a lab dish with sperm. Fertilization occurs in a laboratory dish.
- Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is an assisted fertilization procedure used if the sperm count is very low. This consists of injecting a single sperm into each egg.
Sperm Retrieval and Male Infertility Surgeries
We offer several other surgical procedures for the treatment of male infertility including:
- Microdissection testicular sperm extraction (micro-TESE)
- Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration (MESA)
- Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA)
- Transurethral Resection of Ejaculatory Ducts (TURED)
- Microsurgical varicocelectomy
Dr. Clavijo performs sperm retrieval a surgeries at CalIVF in Sacramento at these prices (includes facility,anesthesia and surgeon fees):
Micro-dissection testicular sperm extraction (microTESE) $4900
Micro-epididymal sperm extraction (MESA) $3900
For more information regarding these surgeries you can email Dr. Clavijo at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help is available
- Consult your physician.
- For more information call the UC Davis Urologic Surgery Clinic at (916) 734-2222 or (800) 770-6930.