This dish is a perfect use for canned beans and serves as a nice clean eating meal.
Ingredients for moroccan-spiced chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of each -cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- mint, parsley, cilantro
- yogurt or hummus
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- toasted pita wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion; saute until soft. Add the garlic, spices, salt, and chickpeas – stir until very fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes (undrained) and simmer for 20 minutes while you prep the other ingredients.
- Chop the cucumber, cook the couscous, and mince the herbs. Arrange bowls with desired amounts of all ingredients.