To describe the policy for graduation from the School of Medicine.
All medical students
9.9 Student Advancement and Appeal Process
- Students can graduate from the UC Davis School of Medicine in June and December each year, after demonstrating that they have completed all required coursework and administrative tasks and met graduation competencies.
- Students who have outstanding coursework during their final quarters will be able to walk at Commencement as planned. A diploma and complete official transcript will not be issued until the completion of all course requirements. Those not completing work within their final quarter of proposed graduation will be required to graduate at a date subsequent to the completion of all work.
- Commencement ceremonies generally take place in June; diplomas are mailed to graduates as soon as they are available, generally in August.
- The Registrar’s Office will determine which students are eligible to graduate by conducting intermittent graduation checks to ensure that students have completed all of the required coursework and other expectations/tasks.
- If there are any questions, the Registrar’s Office will work with the Office of Medical Education to determine student status.
- Eligible students will be presented to the Committee on Student Promotions, which will then make a recommendation to the Faculty Executive Committee to certify if students have met graduation requirements.
UC Davis School of Medicine Bylaws and Regulations, Regulation 60 (B)
Committee on Student Promotions
REVIEWED DATE and REVIEW CYCLE
February 2021; 3-year cycle