Entrée RecipesMARCH 03, 2021
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large white onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 cups water
- 15 beef (or chicken) bouillon cubes
- 5 tomatoes, coarsely chopped (or substitue with 28 oz. can diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup garbonzo beans
- 1/2 tsp. oregano flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dry basil
- 1 cup carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups twisted, colored maccaroni
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a 5-quart stock pot over medium heat.
- When oil is hot, add onion and garlic to pot and cook, stirring until soft (about 5 mins.)
- Stir in water, beef bouillon, tomatoes and their liquid, oregano and basil.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add zucchini, carrots and spinach. Cover and continue to simmer for 10 more mins.
- Stir in maccaroni, cover and simmer for 10 more mins.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a little grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on the top, if you desire.