Entrée RecipesSEPTEMBER 13, 2021
Summer squash and corn medley
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 pound red onion
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1 pound gold bar squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shuck corn and cut red onions into 1/2-inch rings. Grill both vegetables until slightly charred. When cool to touch, cut corn off the cobb and rough chop red onions and reserve to the side.
- Wash squashes. Cut the tops off and dice into 1-inch size cubes and save to the side.
- Take basil leaves off the stem, and tear into 1-inch size pieces.
- Juice the lemon and put to the side.
- Heat up olive oil in a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add squashes for about 4-5 minutes or until squash begins to sweat.
- Add in corn, red onions, cherry tomatoes. Sauté for another couple minutes.
- Toss in basil and fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.