Referring physicians and their patients have access to a full array of ophthalmic clinical services and educational resources founded on the latest medical knowledge and leading-edge research.
Outpatient Referral Coordination
If you need to refer your patient to one of our specialty services, we will coordinate your referral request with the appropriate specialty service and provide you with information as to the status and outcome of your referral request.
Physician-to-physician phone consultations
If you need to discuss a complex or unusual outpatient case, we can facilitate communication between you and one of our specialists. Should your patient require a referral to one of our specialty services following your consultation, please contact our staff, and we will initiate the referral process.
Please call the Referral Center at (800) 4-UC DAVIS (800-482-3284) to initiate the referral process or click the button below to initiate your request online.
We will respond to your request by close of the next business day. If you prefer, you can call us at (800) 4-UC DAVIS (800-482-3284), option #2, between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
** If you already have a PhysicianConnect account and are having trouble logging in, please call 916-734-4357 (734-HELP).
The UC Davis Eye Center is pleased to announce the availability of Ophthalmic Pathology Services. Dr. Esther Kim has returned from a year long Ophthalmic Pathology Fellowship at UC San Francisco, where she studied with Dr. Brooks Crawford and Dr. Michele Bloomer. She is now trained in diseases of the eyelid, globe, and orbital tissues with emphasis on degenerative, inflammatory, infectious and malignant conditions.
In conjunction with the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, we are now available to receive and process a wide range of tissues encountered in ophthalmic practice. Consultation and submission of tissue for ophthalmic pathology can be arranged by contacting the Outreach Manager, UC Davis Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at 916-734-2793 or the UC Davis Eye Center at 916-734-6967.
The UC Davis Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine offers the following services to our community.
- 24/7 Customer Service
- Courier Services
- E-Connectivity Solution
- Reference Lab Testing
- Specialty Testing Services
We look forward to providing our region with thorough and timely pathology reports.
The UC Davis Health System Eye Center’s Ophthalmic Imaging Center offers Northern California physicians advanced digital imaging technology for the most accurate, precise and timely evaluation of complex eye diseases.
We accept referrals from the general ophthalmic community and results are immediately available during regular business hours. Interpretive reports by appropriate specialists are provided.
We provide the following imaging services:
- Spectral Domain Optical coherence tomography -SD-OCT: Cirrus and Heidelberg Spectrailis
- Anterior segment OCT
- Autofluorescence Imaging- Ultra wide field
- Ultra wide field color Fundus photography: 100 and 200 degree
- Ultra wide field Fluorescein and ICG angiography: 100 and 200 degree
- Stereo optic nerve fundus photography
- Lenstar /Verion and IOLM calculations
- Immersion Ascan
- Corneal topography
- Specular microscopy
- Slitlamp and gonio photography
- Diagnostic A+B scan ultrasound
- UBM anterior segment ultrasound
- Confocal Microscopy
- Retcam wide field imaging for pediatric patients
To refer a patient for ophthalmic imaging services Please call the Referral Center at (800) 4-UC DAVIS to initiate the referral process.
Additionally, open the request form(s) below, fill-in the requested test(s) and fax to (916) 734-6992. We will then contact the patient for scheduling.
Ophthalmic Imaging Staff:
Equipped to serve the growing needs of the region, the center employs four CRA’s, a registered Ophthalmic Ultrasound Biometrist and a certified Diagnostic Ophthalmic Sonographer.
Welcome to the specialty testing center here at the UC Davis Health System Eye Center. Our lab is equipped with the latest equipment used to perform several tests to measure visual function. Our trained technicians are COA certified by The Joint Commission and are skilled at performing many testing services, including:
- EOG (Electro-oculogram), which measures the difference in the electrical potential between the front and the back of the eye in response to periods of dark and light.
- ERG (Electroretinagram) is a test used to detect abnormal function of the retina. Specifically, in this test, the light sensitive cells of the eye, the rods and cones, and their connecting cells in the retina are examined.
- MfERG (Multifocal electroretinaogram) is much like the standard ERG in that it is testing the retina. The difference is that the multifocal ERG focuses on different areas of the retina, looking for localized areas of abnormality.
We accept referrals for these services and can provide test results in approximately 2 weeks.
Please call the Referral Center at (800) 4-UC DAVIS to initiate the referral process for specialized testing.
Specialized Testing Staff
Equipped to serve the growing needs of the region, the specialized testing center is staffed by two C.O.A. certified technicians skilled at performing the latest tests in measuring visual function.