Schedule and Registration
The F Award Writing Workshop is open to all pre- and post-doctoral scholars at UC Davis with priority registration given to Comprehensive Cancer Center Affiliate Scholars and translational researchers.
The workshop meets one day, every other week from 11:30 a.m. — 1 p.m. on Zoom.
|Jan 17, 2024||Introduction to Fellowships and Mentor’s Role in F Award Submission|
|Jan 31, 2024||Internal Documents and Submission Process|
|Feb 14 and 28, 2024||Biosketch|
|Mar 13 and 27, 2024||Specific Aims|
|Apr 10 and 24, 2024||Research Strategy – Significance & Innovation|
|May 8 and 22, 2024||Research Strategy - Approach|
|Jun 5 and 19, 2024||Background and Goals for Training and Selection of Sponsor|
To apply for the F Award Writing Workshop, scholars are required to submit a letter of support from their mentor and an abstract. The abstract should be no more than one-page and the letter of support must show the mentor’s understanding of the following.
- The mentor will ensure release time for the mentee to attend workshop (90 minutes on every other week for six months)
- The mentor will adhere to the feedback schedule and provide feedback on one section of the mentee’s application each month of the workshop
- The mentor understands that their research may be discussed in the workshop and included in the mentee’s application
- The mentor will brief their mentee on giving and receiving critical feedback
- The mentor will write a letter of support for their mentee’s fellowship application
F Award Writing Workshop Application Deadline is December 15, 2023 for the 2024 workshop.