Office of Community Outreach and Engagement
The Office of Community Outreach and Engagement (OCOE) envisions a future free of disparities in cancer outcomes for all. Working in partnership with diverse stakeholders, we seek to understand and address the cancer burden among diverse populations in Inland Northern and central California through community-engaged research, shared decision-making and mutual learning. For more information, please see our strategic plan.
We strive to:
- Provide the highest quality of services using evidence-based and best practice models
- Foster research-community partnerships and to improve health outcomes
- Address health inequities in our communities
- Engage in honest communications, transparency, and ethical behavior in our relationships, processes and actions
- Embrace diversity by accepting and respecting differences
Community Outreach and Engagement Programs and Research Studies
The programs and studies below represent UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center's efforts to: 1) describe and document the cancer burden of our 19-county catchment area; 2) develop and deploy research studies and community programs to understand and address this burden; and lastly 3) disseminate evidence-based cancer prevention and control practices.
Cancer Speakers Bureau
Need a dynamic cancer speaker for your next event? OCOE provides free educational opportunities for diverse audiences including community clinicians, health care professionals, patients and the general public within our 19-county catchment area. In general, we require an audience of 15 or more and welcome suggestions for speakers on topics not listed below. If you do not have a topic in mind, we will work with you to identify topics and speakers pertinent to your groups’ interests and needs.
- Prevention and Screening
- Prevention – hepatitis B and human papillomavirus vaccinations
- Cancer screening - breast, colorectal, cervical and lung
- Cancer health disparities
- Clinical trials
We are proud to provide a range of cancer screening, cancer care, and educational resources for the community
Read more about what resources are available
Connect with Us
Enter your contact information below to receive a bimonthly newsletter and connect with what’s happening in your community to fight cancer!