Office of Grant Development
The Office of Grant Development is here to support cancer center members with grant development, writing, and submissions.
The mission of the Office of Grant Development at the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center is to provide pre-award grant development, writing, and submission support to cancer center members. These projects must be cancer focused. We highly encourage team science projects, and projects that are intra-programmatic and have multiple principal investigators.
Cancer researcher support includes:
- Individual, collaborative, and multi-PI grant preparation and development, editing, and review
- Developing and preparing grant budgets
- Navigating the online grant submission process and coordinating submission with sponsored research
- Grant applications to all federal, state, and private agencies for any cancer-related mechanism
- Reviewing summary statements and providing guidance for grant resubmissions
- Identifying funding opportunities, investigator outreach, and program announcement interpretation
To ensure adequate time for review, please submit draft material:
- At least four weeks prior to the submission deadline for grant editing
- At least six weeks before the deadline for grant development and review
- At least eight weeks before the deadline for a comprehensive grant application including grant and budget development and submission to sponsored research
- At least twelve weeks before the deadline for a multicomponent grant application such as programmatic grants (P series) or consortium grants (U series)
Projects will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. The cancer center will not handle grants after the award. Post-award management is supported by the Principal Investigator's home department.