AACN Certification Organization Discount Pricing Program
What is it?
UC Davis Health has purchased a bundle of Critical Care Nursing Certification (CCRN®) and Progressive Care Nursing Certification (PCCN®) exam vouchers to offer to staff at a discounted price. In a nutshell, the nurse will be able to purchase an exam voucher, good for one exam attempt, at a discount of up to $140-165.
How it works
A healthcare facility contracts with this program to support its nurses in taking an AACN exam. The nurse completes and follows the instructions on the Employee Contract, found linked below.
- The nurse completes the Employee Contract.
- The nurse then contacts CPPN to purchase their discounted exam voucher.
- Each voucher is good for one exam attempt.
- The nurse must follow all AACN instructions and requirements to register, schedule, and sit for the exam.
- It is the nurse’s responsibility to ensure they are eligible for the exam.
- If the nurse does not use the voucher code to register for the examination or is deemed ineligible by AACN, the fee is the responsibility of the nurse. There are no refunds with this program.
Benefits of the program
- Decreased exam cost for UC Davis Health critical and progressive care nurses.
- Better care: certified nurses provide the best nursing care to patients and families.
- Certification validates specialty knowledge and expertise, enhances credibility, provides a personal sense of accomplishment, increases confidence, and can open doors to advancement.
About the exam
The AACN Certification Organization Discount Pricing Program can be used for the CCRN (Adult, Pediatric, or Neonatal), CCRN-K, CCRN-E, PCCN, or PCCN-K exams only.
Information concerning registering for the exam
Applying for and purchasing an AACN discounted exam voucher does not register you for the exam. To be eligible to take a certification exam, you must meet all eligibility criteria at the time of the application.
- For more information concerning the exam and criteria, please visit the AACN's certification website. This site provides FAQs and study resources.
- For information on specialty certifications approved by UC Davis Health and what certification society sponsors your certification, please visit UC Davis Health Policy 2908, Specialty Certification Differential Guidelines and related attachments (internal).
- To begin your application, please complete the AACN Organization Discount Pricing Program Employee Contract.