Physician LEAD Program – Leadership and Executive Administration Development
We'd like to thank everyone that applied for the 2023-2024 Physician LEAD Program!
Please join us in congratulating this year's cohort!
Eric A. Kurzrock, M.D., FAAP
The Physician LEAD Program – Leadership and Executive Administration Development is an opportunity for mid-career and senior faculty to expand their skills and knowledge in the business of healthcare. Participants will attend weekly sessions where they will engage with UC Davis Health leaders on a variety of topics and will present a capstone project to be completed with oversight from UC Davis Health Leadership. Key benefits from this program include gaining critical thinking skills as a CEO, a broader understanding of the landscape around the healthcare enterprise, experiential learning opportunities at a high level and focused organizational project support.
Instructors: David Lubarsky, Vice Chancellor and CEO And UC Davis Health Leaders
Location: All sessions will take place in-person on the UC Davis Health Campus.
Schedule: All sessions will be offered on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., October 2023 - May 2024.
If you have any questions regarding the LEAD program, please contact Christina McNulty at email@example.com.
Potential topics include:
- The Fundamentals and Significance of Process
- Financial Literacy and Funds Flow
- Understanding the Market
- Organizational Culture
- Strategy and Growth
- Patient Experience
- Facilities/Healing Environments
- Brand and Communications
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Industry Partnerships/Relations
- IT and the EMR
- Digital Health
- Government Relations
- Supply Chain
- HR/AP Labor Relations
- Conflict Management and Performance Management
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Interest in the business of healthcare
- Desire to serve as an academic healthcare leader
- 10+ years of practice
- Mid-level or higher in career – ideally with administrative experience (ex. Division/section chief)
- Departmental leadership sign-off on time commitment (up to 5 hours per month for 7.5 months)
- Completed application