Physician LEAD Program – Leadership and Executive Administration Development
The Physician LEAD Program – Leadership and Executive Administration Development is an opportunity for mid-career and senior faculty to expand their skills and knowledge in the business of healthcare. Participants will attend twice-monthly sessions where they will engage with UC Davis Health leaders on a variety of topics and will complete a three-month mentored capstone project. Key benefits from this program include gaining critical thinking skills as a CEO (Chief Executive Officer), a broader understanding of the landscape around the healthcare enterprise, experiential learning opportunities at a high level and focused mentorship.
Instructors: David Lubarsky, Vice Chancellor & CEO And UC Davis Health Leaders
Location: All sessions will take place in-person on the UC Davis Health Campus. Location will be sent to participants.
Program Graduation: May 5, 2023 - 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Applications for this program have now closed.
Potential topics include:
- The Fundamentals and Significance of Process
- Financial Literacy and Funds Flow
- Understanding the Market
- Organizational Culture
- Strategy and Growth
- Patient Experience
- Facilities/Healing Environments
- Brand & Communications
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Industry Partnerships/Relations
- IT and the EMR
- Digital Health
- Government Relations
- Supply Chain
- HR/AP Labor Relations
- Conflict Management and Performance Management
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Interest in the business of healthcare
- Desire to serve as an academic healthcare leader
- 10+ years of practice
- Mid-level or higher in career – ideally with administrative experience (ex. Division/section chief)
- Departmental leadership sign-off on time commitment (up to 5 hours per month for six months)
- Completed application