National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity Membership
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is an independent professional development, training and mentoring community for over 71,000 faculty, post-docs and grad students, dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. They offer workshops, professional development training and intensive mentorship programs.
NCFDD training teaches concrete, empirically tested strategies for increasing productivity and pays special attention to the challenges of underrepresented faculty. In addition to monthly training workshops, NCFDD provides an opportunity for individual scholars to become more effective.
UC Davis Institutional membership provides relevant professional development training, support from highly trained and successful mentors, a confidential “safe space” for problem solving, and downloadable formats for self-paced learning.
Benefits to Faculty
- Resources for greater success in publication and securing external funding for your research
- Strategies that instill confidence as an independent researcher
- Tips for fostering better working relationships with departmental colleagues
- Increased interactions with both campus-based and external mentors, sponsors, and collaborators
- Increased job satisfaction and the ability to truly enjoy the academic life you’ve worked so hard to create
What’s Included in Membership
- The Monday Motivator (weekly productivity tips email)
- Productivity workshops
- Guest expert workshops
- Multi-week courses
- Private networking forum
- Moderated writing challenges
- Library of workshop recordings, slides and transcripts
- Mentor matches
- NCFDD Career Center
The link below will take you directly to the NCFDD webpage where you can register and activate your membership.