Latinx Staff and Faculty Association Mission
The mission of the Latinx Staff and Faculty Association (LSFA) is to provide information about the campus community, promote wellness, and offer professional guidance to those seeking support or career advancement.
LFSA will act as a collaborative unit and advocate for concerns and issues at the University and Community level for staff, faculty, residents, and students.
LSFA will act as a bridge and catalyst to support Latinx identified staff faculty members who seek to enhance and develop their professional roles and responsibilities within the University of California, Davis.
- Integration of passion in work
- Professional development
- Celebration of Latinx culture and traditions
- To serve as a resource and advocate for staff development, retention, and wellness
- Work with LSFA membership to promote UCD staff development opportunities, address environmental concerns and foster wellness
- Embody and promote cultural humility
- Act as the membership liaison to UCDH executive leadership
- Develop and cultivate internal and external community partnerships
- Partner and collaborate with UCD Employee Resource Groups
- Support The Pantry at UCDH
- Collaborate and contribute to community based organizations
- Serve as a liaison to Latinx community
- Strengthen the Latinx network
- Engage in the following UCD events:
- Principles of Community events
- La Raza Cultural Days
- New staff welcome
- Soaring to New Heights
- Thank Goodness For Staff (TGFS) activities
- Hold a yearly membership drive
- Maintain an updated membership database
- Preserve a historic membership database
- Established an all new executive board and reinstated the LSFA Employee Resource Group.
- Achieved new member attendance at all general meetings.
- Updated LSFA email list serv.
- Developed a pre-set schedule of LSFA meetings for 2017: third Wednesday of the month at noon, room 2204 Education Building.
- Incorporated teleconference in LSFA meetings to provide greater accessibility for member participation.
- Networked and recruited membership while tabling at the Celebration of Community of Principles.
- An LSFA member and board member participated as speakers at the Regional Pathways to Health Careers Community College Conference..
- Donated home items and provided financial support to UCD medical students in need.
- Donated food items to The Pantry at UCD Health.
- Members participated in the Diversity and Inclusion Dialogue Series.
Chair: Yvonne Calderon, (916) 734-9651, email@example.com
Secretary: Theresa Weaver, (916) 734-1507, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Mercedes Piedra, M.S., (916) 734-2201, email@example.com
Outreach Coordinator: Fabian Perez, MPH, (916) 734-4563, firstname.lastname@example.org
Outreach Coordinator: Frances Huizar, (916) 734-6700, email@example.com
Outreach Coordinator: Cindy Montijo, (916) 734-4789, firstname.lastname@example.org