Grant Proposal Assistance
Statisticians perform tasks vital for a successful research project and their involvement in developing the proposal enhances funding success. Key contributions include:
- Developing a study design that is appropriate and cost effective to achieve the study objectives
- Determining the sample size necessary for adequate power for valid statistical inference
- Ensuring that the data necessary to achieve study objectives will be collected
- Identifying appropriate statistical methods to use for testing hypotheses
The CTSC Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design program provides expertise on all statistical aspects of grant proposal preparation. We will work closely with the project team to
- Ensure that the specific aims, study design, and statistical analysis plan are well aligned with the study objectives.
- Prepare proposal sections related to statistics and
- Provide input on an appropriate budget for statistical services to support successful completion of the project.
Cost and Contact Information
Biostatistics help on grant proposals is free of charge.
For assistance, request biostatistics services through the CTSC at https://health.ucdavis.edu/ctsc/area/AFRU/Request_Svcs_AFRU.html
For us to best help you, please contact us at least 4-6 weeks before the proposal is due to allow adequate time for thoughtful review and meaningful input.