Please note: health insurance rates on UC-wide mailings and websites may not reflect special prices for UC Davis employees
This year’s open enrollment period for UC Davis employees begins Oct. 26 at 8 a.m. and wraps up Nov. 17 at 5 p.m. When you’re considering your health care options this year, we hope you’ll consider staying in the UC family – and select a plan that includes UC Davis Health.
Choosing a UC Davis Health primary care provider for your everyday care gives you a personal connection to the health expertise, discoveries and resources of:
- the world’s leading public research university system
- one of the nation’s top 10 public universities, and
- Sacramento’s No. 1-ranked hospital
We proudly offer patient-centered care at clinic locations close to home and work – including two clinics in Davis, one in Midtown Sacramento, and several on our Sacramento campus.
How to choose UC Davis Health
Please note: Information is current as of October 24, 2023.
1. Choose a health plan that we accept
To choose us for your family’s everyday care, first select a health plan that includes UC Davis Health (we may also be listed as UC Davis Medical Group).
Note: The UC Blue & Gold HMO remains among the lowest-cost premium options for you. UC Blue & Gold remains one of the lowest-priced monthly costs available. And it’s easy to switch from Kaiser.
- UC Blue & Gold HMO
- UC Care (PPO)
- UC Health Savings Plan (PPO)
- CORE (PPO)
- (Retirees and Medicare recipients: please see resources like the UC Davis Human Resources retirees open enrollment page – recheck it as needed for updates – or your benefits materials)
1) Because UC Davis is part of a special pilot program, health plan rates for UC Davis employees differ from those published in UC-wide benefits materials and websites (such as the systemwide Open Enrollment brochure and the UCnet website). For information about the most accurate UC Davis rates, see the UC Davis Human Resources open enrollment website and its rates information page.
2) If you’re interested in another plan besides UC Blue & Gold, you may have heard that the UC and Anthem Blue Cross are in an uncertain period regarding next year’s contracts. However, this action by Anthem Blue Cross does not affect the in-network availability of UC Health facilities and providers for UC employees, UC students with UC SHIP coverage, UC medical residents and clinical fellows in the Anthem UC Medical Residents and Fellows PPO plan or UC retirees. These health plans are governed by separate UC-Anthem agreements and no interruption in coverage is expected.
3) If you are in a bargaining unit represented by a union, the University will adhere to its collective bargaining obligations, and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, with respect to your contribution rates.
4) For benefits questions, please contact UC Davis Human Resources at email@example.com.
If you are using a partner’s non-UC health insurance plan, you can also find UC Davis Health’s main list of accepted health plans here.
2. Choose UC Davis Health as your medical group
We may be listed as UC Davis Health or as UC Davis Medical Group in your plan materials.
3. Find your primary care doctor
If you have questions on scheduling or need assistance finding a doctor, please don’t hesitate to call the UC Davis Health employee liaison line at 916-734-1700. This line has been specially established as part of our service commitment to our employees.