Guaranteed Ride Program
As a Green Commuter, if you need to leave work early for an emergency, you are not stuck!
UC Davis Health has partnered with Sacramento Region 511 to bring additional transportation benefits to our employees and students in the Green Commuter Program. Formerly known as the Emergency Ride Home Program, the new and improved Guaranteed Ride Program will cover trips to or from work in the event of an emergency. These rides must be commute-related, so origin or destination should be your work address. This great service is available up to 5 times per calendar year to assist when the need arises.
All Green Commuters are eligible to register with Sacramento Region 511, regardless of how you commute to work (walk, bike, transit, carpool, or vanpool). The Sacramento Region 511 website also provides an interactive way to track your daily trips throughout the year and see what impact your efforts have on the environment.
Register now at sacregion511.org to access this benefit.
Learn How to Redeem a Guaranteed Ride (PDF)
The Guaranteed Ride Program is administered through Sacramento Region 511 which has established guidelines for its use.
Your ride can be arranged through:
- Yellow Cab - for trips under 20 miles, or if you are unable to drive
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car - for trips more than 20 miles
- Lyft/Uber - for trips up to $50 (including tip)
Valid reasons for using the Service:
- An immediate family member has an emergency
- A serious problem arises at your child's school or daycare
- Your home or property is damaged by burglary, fire, etc
- You are sick and can't wait for your normal ride home
- Your ridesharing partner has an emergency and you have no way to get home
- Unscheduled, supervisor-approved overtime
- Your commute bicycle broke down today and cannot be repaired at your work site
- Unexpected severe weather is preventing you from cycling or walking home after work
You may NOT use the Guaranteed Ride for the following reasons:
- Personal errands
- Medical or dental appointments
- Building evacuations
- Business travel
- Job related injuries
- A natural disaster (floods)
- Transit problems (the transit provider is responsible for providing another bus or train)
- Missed bus, carpool or vanpool ride home
- Other reasons deemed invalid by program administrator