Bethney Bonilla, M.A.
Clinical Research Analyst
Bethney Bonilla joined CHPR as a clinical research analyst in March 2020. She is involved in various health services research studies and evaluation projects. Her current projects focus on health policy, telemedicine, chronic pain, mental health and social determinants of health. She provides project management, conducts qualitative interviews, fosters community engagement, performs literature reviews and policy analyses and analyzes data.
Bethney also serves on the UC Davis team for the California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP), and provides medical effectiveness and public health impact analyses of health insurance legislation for the California State Legislature.
Prior to joining CHPR, she worked as an investigative journalist.
- Policy research and analysis
- Project management
- Community engagement
- Data analysis (Excel, SQL, Python, R, GIS, Tableau)
- Qualitative research methods
- Literature reviews
- Writing-grants, reports, policy briefs and journal manuscripts
- Reproductive health
- Maternal health
- Social determinants of health
- Health disparities
- Mental health
- M.A., Data Journalism, Stanford University
- B.A., Communication Studies (Journalism), Loyola Marymount University
- Koebner IJ, Bonilla B, Slatman J and Parry M (2022) The Analgesic Museum. Front. Pain Res. 3:1019632. doi: 10.3389/fpain.2022.1019632.
- California Health Benefits Review Program (CHBRP). (2022). Analysis of California Assembly Bill 1930: Medi-Cal: Comprehensive Perinatal Services. Berkeley, CA.
- Rosenthal JL, Haynes SC, Bonilla B, Rominger K, Williams J, Sanders A, Orqueza Dizon RA, Grether-Jones KL, Marcin JP, Hamline MY. Enhancing the Implementation of the Virtual Pediatric Trauma Center using PRISM: A Mixed Methods Study. Telemedicine Reports 2022 3:1, 137-148.
- Hollin IL, Bonilla B, Bagley A, Tucker CA. Social and environmental determinants of health among children with long-term movement impairment. Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences. 2022;3.