The UC Davis Medical Center Reputation
- UC Davis Medical Center is a nationally renowned, 619-bed multidisciplinary, academic medical center where clinical practice, teaching and research converge to advance human health
- Its care reaches 33 counties covering a 65,000-square-mile area north to the Oregon border and east to Nevada
- It is a Top 10 Hospital in America for Service Excellence by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers
- UC Davis Medical Center is ranked as Sacramento's top hospital by US News & World Report. Additionally, it’s one of the “Most Wired” hospitals in the U.S. and as a "Top Hospital" for delivery of high-quality care by the Leapfrog Group.
- The Department of Food and Nutrition Services at the medical center provides over 3 million meals per year to patients, visitors and staff. Menus and recipes are developed and tested on-site, and food is cooked utilizing fresh, local ingredients and a large volume scratch production method.
- Here are just a few examples of UC Davis Medical Center [link to website] Featured Services:
- UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center: one of only 51 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive centers nationwide
- UC Davis MIND Institute: internationally recognized for its devotion to finding treatments and cures for neurodevelopmental disorders
- UC Davis Children's Hospital: a nationally ranked pediatric hospital with more than 120 physicians in 33 pediatric subspecialties
As a Dietetic Intern you’ll be exposed to…
- A variety of clinical and administrative dietitians and foodservice managers who are experts in their areas, work in various specialties, hold specialty certifications and advanced degrees.
- One-to-one mentorship within a strong inpatient clinical nutrition services department, providing high acuity nutrition care to nine intensive care units, including level 1 adult and pediatric trauma centers, Regional Burn Center, and a Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- One-to-one mentorship within a multi-specialty outpatient clinical nutrition services department, providing nutrition care to all age ranges in up to 30 ambulatory/community clinics.
- Medical Nutrition Therapy is provided for virtually all medical conditions including:
- General medicine
- A culturally diverse population of employees and patients
- A dynamic interdisciplinary health care team, including physicians, nurses, physical therapists, social workers, occupational therapists, speech therapists, discharge planners and pharmacists
- Experiences in inpatient staff relief after demonstration of clinical competence. Staff relief provides an opportunity to function independently and reinforce expected practices for an entry-level dietitian.
- Access to the most current research available.