Resident and Fellow Development
The Office of Resident and Fellow Development supports trainees' professional development and academic success. Director Cloe Le Gall-Scoville, Ph.D., offers individual coaching appointments as well as workshops and coaching to groups, teams, and programs.
Coaching is a partnership between coach and client that helps individuals maximize their personal and professional potential and fulfillment.
With the support of a coach and ongoing check-ins, trainees can work on academic, productivity, career/leadership, and communication goals. Describe your desired outcome, deepen your self-awareness, explore options, set goals, craft a plan, take action, and monitor your progress.
Individual coaching is provided to all residents and fellows at no-cost through the GME Office. Coaching is confidential and the content of coaching sessions is not disclosed to departments or GME unless there are safety concerns.
Potential Coaching Topics
- Learning strategies, study plans, test taking (Step 3, in-service training exams, speciality boards)
- Processing and incorporating feedback, setting and meeting performance goals
- Time/task management, efficiency and organization with patient visits, messaging, and documentation
- Project management (research/QI)
- Work-life integration
- Leadership skills and styles
- Career design: Priorities, values, decisions, mentorship, and timelines
- Career services: Review of application materials for jobs/fellowships, interview prep
- Interpersonal communication skills, harnessing emotional intelligence, managing conflict, professionalism, delivering feedback, public speaking, writing support
Workshops and Team Coaching
Dr. Le Gall-Scoville is available by invitation to present to programs. Below is a list of workshops previously delivered to residents and fellows as well as potential topics. She is also able to develop curricula upon request to meet program needs.
- Giving and Receiving Feedback (in collaboration with Wellness)
- Interpersonal Communication and Conflict Management
- Leadership Styles and Emotional Intelligence
- Maximizing Mentorship as Mentor and Mentee
- Productivity Tips for E-mail and Calendar
- Strategies for Exam Prep
- Study Routines and Other Habits for Success
- Taking Charge of Your Exam Performance (in collaboration with Wellness)
- Test Taking Strategies
- Time Management for Physicians
- Understanding and Working through Procrastination (in collaboration with Wellness)
- Values-Based Career Design
Additionally, Dr. Le Gall-Scoville is also available to coach teams around shared goals, as well as hold processing spaces for program feedback in collaboration with Wellness colleagues.
For more information contact:
Cloe Le Gall-Scoville, Ph.D.
Director, Resident and Fellow Development