Several California Tower Make Ready construction activities complete
Construction activities related to the interior Make Ready portion of the California Tower project have already begun, and the next phases through October have been mapped out.
As of August 15, the following work has been completed:
- Median work along X Street
- New curb and sidewalk for the south side of the Cancer Center patient drop off
- Paving and curb work for the main traffic circle in front of the hospital
The following construction projects are currently taking place:
- Excavation and grading for the tank yard behind the Emergency Department
- Assembly and construction of Tower construction trailers next to the Water Tower
- Parking Structure 5 site grading and excavation activities
- 45th Street realignment and excavation for utilities
- Emergency Department interior renovation
A portion of the new main traffic circle is scheduled to open in mid-August as well.
Work taking place inside the Emergency Department may cause slight disruption in the Emergency Department parking lots. Demolition in August may impact the level of noise in the Pavilion area.
See the plans by month, in order, here: