Residency Position Timeline
September 30 - Applicant's files should be complete by this date.
- Application through ERAS
- Personal statement/curriculum vitae
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Medical school transcript
- Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) - Released October 1st
- Copy of test scores (USMLE, NBE, FLEX, etc.)
Additional requirements for foreign medical graduates:
- Copy of valid ECFMG Certificate
- Satisfactory completion of Federal Licensing Examination (SPEX)
- Current PTAL "Authorization to Begin Postgraduate Training" from the Medical Board of California
See "Requirements for Acceptance of Foreign Medical Graduates at UCD for Postgraduate Training" for detailed explanation
October (Early) - Applications Reviewed
All completed files will be reviewed by the faculty of the Department of Neurological Surgery. Incomplete Files Will Not Be Reviewed. We encourage you to contact the department at any time to review the status of your file.
October (Mid to Late)
Applicants will be notified of interviews. Due to limited space, some applicants may be put on a wait list.
Interviews will be held between late November to early January.
Formal ranking will be completed and forwarded to the National Resident Match Program (NRMP).
Neurological Surgery matching occurs during the third week of March.