Carrie Lewis, M.P.H.
Carrie Lewis has over 20 years of experience in conducting health services research, providing program evaluation, monitoring, and statistical analyses. She has worked with public and private health insurance programs to improve public health, measure and improve the quality of patient care, and manage service utilization.
Carrie is experienced with large administrative healthcare data sets such as Medi-Cal data and health insurance claims and enrollment data, large public survey data, medical record reviews, and other sources of actionable information for health programs. She joined CHPR in 2016 to provide evaluation consulting and statistical analyses on a grant funded through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Adolescent Health.
- SAS and STATA programming
- Project and data management
- Research and data analysis
- IRB submissions
- Writing: reports, protocols, manuscripts, journal articles, talking points
- Database building (including REDCap)
- Health services access and utilization
- Women’s health
- Reproductive health and family planning
- Publicly funded health care
- Maternal, child and adolescent health
- Mental health
- M.P.H., Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health
- B.S., Biological Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Gariepy AM, Lewis C, Zuckerman D, Tancredi DJ, Murphy E, McDonald-Mosley R, Sonalkar S, Hathaway M, Nunez-Eddy C, Schwarz EB. Patient-Centered Safety Outcomes After Hysteroscopic Compared with Laparoscopic Sterilization. Obstet Gynecol. 2022 Feb 3.
- Gariepy AM, Dove M, Lewis C, Zuckerman D, Tancredi D, McDonald-Mosley R, Sonalkar S, Hathaway M, Nunez-Eddy C, Schwarz E. P75 Rates of procedural complications and patient-centered outcomes after publicly-funded hysteroscopic or laparoscopic sterilization in California. 2020 October.
- Thiel de Bocanegra H, Bradsberry M, Lewis C, Maguire F. Do Bedsider Family Planning Mobile Text Message and E-mail Reminders Increase Kept Appointments and Contraceptive Coverage? Womens Health Issues. 2017 Jul - Aug; 27(4): 420-425.
- Ross-Cowdery M, Lewis CA, Papic M, Corbelli J, Schwarz EB. Counseling About the Maternal Health Benefits of Breastfeeding and Mothers' Intentions to Breastfeed. Matern Child Health J. 2017 Feb; 21(2): 234-241.
- Lewis C, Darney P, Thiel de Bocanegra H. Intrauterine contraception: impact of provider training on participant knowledge and provision. Contraception. 2013 Aug; 88(2): 226-31.
- de Bocanegra HT, Rostovtseva D, Cetinkaya M, Rundel C, Lewis C. Quality of reproductive health services to limited English proficient (LEP) patients. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2011 Nov; 22(4).
- Chabot MJ, Lewis C, de Bocanegra HT, Darney P. Correlates of receiving reproductive health care services among U.S. men aged 15 to 44 years. Am J Mens Health. 2011 Jul; 5(4).