Education Creation Guidelines
Translating an Idea into Continuing Medical Education
Looking to translate an idea into a UC Davis Health continuing medical education program? Consider these areas and questions as you compose your program submission.
- Is the program being designed for a multidisciplinary clinical audience, with physicians from UC Davis Health or from our affiliate sites as part of the learner group?
- If the program is being developed for our affiliates, has a needs assessment been performed of their educational needs?
- Please include integration of cultural and linguistic competency into the content.
- Will the program impact more than one specialty or subspecialty area?
- Will the program address a broad-reaching topic such as one of the following?
Use of Health Data for Improved Care Quality Improvement Population Health Issues Technical and Procedural Skill Optimization Student Engagement/Transition to Practice Research and Scholarship in Continuing Medical Education Communication Optimization Innovation in Continuing Medical Education
- Will the program be developed by a multidisciplinary team of professionals across more than one specialty (including engagement with the Office of Continuing Medical Education)?
- Does the planning team include a student?
- Does the planning team include a faculty member that is a student?
- Will the program include one or more innovative teaching methods in addition to, or other than, lecture-based/didactic sessions (e.g., online interactive learning, simulation, blend, etc.)?
- Will the program include support strategies for the learner such as supplemental checklists, patient education materials, website resources, follow-up surveys, guidance, etc.?
- What assistance is needed in the design and development of your program to meet the learning objectives/desired outcomes?
- What evaluation methods will be used to provide individual and formative feedback?
- What type of periodic analysis will be performed to assess the effectiveness of the educational strategies imparted post-program?