Learning Associated With Teaching
If you're a faculty physician, you may claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for teaching activities requiring you to research and learn about a new topic.
What You Need to Know
It's important to note that this program doesn't award credits for simply teaching medical students and fellows. Rather this program is aimed at encouraging faculty members to engage in educational activities that help maintain and increase one's professional knowledge and skills.
- In order to receive credit, there must be a learning component involved as you prepare to teach.
- It must be the first time you're teaching the content in order for it to count toward CME credit.
- Credit is calculated on a ratio of 2 credits per every one hour of teaching. It's based on the time spent with students utilizing what you've learned.
Steps to Receive Credit
- Download the Learning Associated With Teaching Approval Form (PDF).
- View the Sample Learning Associated With Teaching Approval Form (PDF) for guidance.
- Fill out the form and submit it for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our office will follow up with you upon receipt of the form.