UC Learning Center Resources & Support
The UC Learning Center, powered by SumTotal, serves as the Learning Management System (LMS) for the University of California. The UC Learning Center is used at UC Davis Health for systemwide training and development and to manage and track employee training, including, mandatory training programs, instructor-led or eLearning activities.
In an effort to provide assistance, an updated learner guide and how-to videos are available to help you navigate the system.
Download Learner Guides
How-to Enable Flash Content
How-to Videos: Learner View
- LMS Navigation Methods
- Home Button: Find a Course
- Home Button: Timeline
- Home Button: Required Training
- Viewing My Schedule
- Manage My Registrations
- Cancel Registrations
- Launching or Relaunching an eCourse
- View Status of Assigned Training
- Training Transcript
- Finding Activities: Search
- Finding Activities: Library
Managers and designee's are able to perform a variety of tasks. Please refer to the guides and how-to videos below.
Download Manager Guides
How-to Videos: Manager View
External employees may be granted LMS access if they have a UC Davis Computing Account (Kerberos).
To request a UC Davis Computing Account:
- Submit a New External Employee request through Service Now. Once the request is complete, the external employee may create their UC Davis Computing Account by visiting accounts.ucdavis.edu and selecting "Get my UC Davis Computing Account".
To request an LMS account:
- Submit a UC Learning Center LMS (External Employee) request through Service Now. If the external employee requires any assignments, please request in the notes and include the external employee's role (e.g. "Travel Nurse") and cost center.
If you would like to make an eLearning available for UC Learning Center, please develop your module following the UC Davis publication style guides using one of the UC Davis Health PowerPoint Templates. If there is a post-test, please create the questions and answers in a Word document.
An eLearning Submission Form (Word) is also required to be submitted with your module. When you are ready to submit your module, please send all related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is only available for nursing related training. If you have any questions concerning making training available through UC Learning Center, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
If you have any issues or problems with UC Learning Center, please open an incident ticket through ServiceNow or call (916) 734-HELP (4357).