ANCC Success Pays™ Program
What is it?
An innovative program that makes getting certified safer and easier for everyone. The result is everyone wins: nurses, nurse managers, the health care facilities, and patients. In a nutshell, if the nurse uses the unique facility ID Code when registering for the exam they get more than one chance to pass the exam, and don't pay a penny until the nurse passes.
How it works
A health care facility agrees that within one year's time, 20 of its nurses will take an ANCC certification exam.
- If the nurse passes the exam, the nurse is charged for the exam fees
- If the nurse is unsuccessful, they can take the exam an additional time before the contract expiration date
- If the nurse passes the second time around, then the nurse is charged the exam fee
- If the nurse does not pass, no one pays if within the contract date
- If the nurse does not use the unique facility ID Code to register for the examination the fee is the responsibility of the nurse and you will not be covered under the program
Benefits of the program
- Reduced test stress for nurses: Fear of failure is eased (FailSafe) and confidence increases
- Better care: Certified nurses provide the best nursing care to patients and families
Information concerning registering for the exam
Applying for the ANCC Success Pays™ Program does not register you for the exam. To be eligible to take a certification exam, you must meet all eligibility criteria at the time of the application.
- For more information concerning the exam and criteria, please visit the ANCC Certification Center.
- For information on specialty certifications approved by UC Davis Health and what certification society sponsors your certification, please visit UC Davis Health Policy 2908, Specialty Certification Differential Guidelines and related attachments (internal).
- To apply, please complete the ANCC Success Pays™ Program Application (Word).