UC Women’s Initiative for Professional Development (UC WI)
UC Womens Initiative (UC WI) is a professional development program designed to assist woman-identified professionals with advancing in their careers. The program is sponsored by the President’s office and the Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW) and was developed in partnership with CORO Northern California and Systemwide Talent Management. UC WI is committed to enabling the full participation, success, and advancement of woman-identified professionals at the University, and is open to all employees who support this mission.
Since its launch in 2016, over 700 UC professionals have completed the program. UC WI continues to be well received internally and acknowledged as award-winning and leading-edge by external organizations.
Participants consistently rate it among the most valuable professional development programs they have experienced.
We will offer the program virtually for the 2022/2023 program year in support of ongoing remote work requirements. The program follows a similar format as prior years to include:
- Program fee of $1250 per participant
- This is a $200 increase over the current program fee to accommodate an in-person networking and development session which we expect to offer during the program year.
- Upon return to the preferred, in-person delivery, we expect the fee to increase to its original $1950 per participant or higher based on the cost of in-person delivery
- Six regional cohorts (three North and three South) accommodating 180 total participants
- Cohort 1 North and South - September – November 2022
- Cohort 2 North and South - January – March 2023
- Cohort 3 North and South - April – June 2023
- Co-facilitated by Coro Northern California staff and UC Facilitators who are UC WI graduates
In support of program outcomes and in response to participant feedback, we will continue to offer access to “UC Women’s Initiative Connect”, as well as group coaching. UC Women’s Initiative Connect is an online networking platform for UC WI alumni to connect and support each other across all cohorts. Group coaching allows participants to extend and reinforce their learning from the program while interacting with their peers and a professional coach.
The 2022/2023 nomination process is open between February 25, 2022 and March 25, 2022.
This year we have developed an internal review to coordinate the nomination process for this increasingly popular program. Completed applications will be reviewed by previous UC WI participants from UC Davis Health (UCDH) and recommendations submitted to UCDH leadership for final selection.
Please note that this call is for the internal review of UCDH faculty. UCDH staff nominations are processed through the main UC WI home page.
For questions please contact us at hs-WIMHS@ucdavis.edu