At home tools
Health Tips and Tools
Finding creative solutions to work out at home
Since the onset of the Covid 19 pandemic, people who enjoy resistance training and lifting weights have had to take a break from the gym and create a new routine at home. And while this is a great option, many are finding that hand weights and dumbbells are out of stock everywhere they turn.
If you are having a hard time getting your hands on dumbbells for your at-home workout, here are some creative ways to make your own:
- Fill a plastic container (water bottle, milk jug, paint can, sand pail, etc.) with water, sand, or even cement.
- Use products in your kitchen such as:
- Canned products
- Packets of rice or beans
- Bags of produce (apples, onions, etc.)
- Bottle of a cleaning product (such as laundry detergent or dish soap)
- You can even make your own out of PVC pipes. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how.
- Use your own body weight! Exercises such as push-ups against the wall and squats with a chair require no dumbbells! See our video here.
Need some ideas of exercises you can do at home with minimal equipment? Check out these links: