Learn to manage stress
This is a 2-hour workshop focusing on exploring approaches to managing stress. Ideal for those with chronic conditions that are being affected by the stress in their lives. Please feel free to bring one support person with you.
- Discussion of the causes and effects of stress
- Practice in calming breathing exercises
- Learning mind-quieting meditation techniques
- Doing gentle body movements and stretches that help reduce stress
- The programs are free of charge and they are open to UC Davis Health patients, employees and retirees.
- All classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is low. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified.
What our patients are saying:
- "Really helpful ideas & techniques to help deal with stress. Also good explanations of what stress does to our body and what cuases stress & the different kinds of stress."
- "I feel more focused and confident in practicing stress-management techniques."
- "The instructor is very personable and I appreciated the opportunity for audience questions and participation. I also found it helpful to actually practice the techniques suggested in the class. Thank you!"
Stress Management class schedule