UC Davis Health Administrative Fellowship Program
The flexible UC Davis Health Administrative Fellowship Program provides comprehensive exposure to operations, finance, strategic planning, and management –in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Following an orientation period at the start of the program, individuals enter into a rotation-based curriculum with some customization available to optimize his/her experience.
Administrative Fellows will work directly with executives and senior leadership to develop a comprehensive understanding of hospital operations and will complete a number of projects that will provide additional development of understanding.
About UC Davis Health and UC Davis Medical Center
UC Davis Health is based in Sacramento, California and home to the UC Davis Medical Center, a nationally renowned academic medical center where clinical practice, teaching, and research converge to advance human health. The medical center serves 33 counties covering a 65,000 square-mile area north to the Oregon border and east to Nevada, and is home to the region's only Level I adult and pediatric trauma centers.
UC Davis Medical Center is perennially ranked Sacramento’s #1 hospital by U.S. News & World Report, and among the nation’s best in multiple specialties. The UC Davis Children’s Hospital is a nationally ranked pediatric hospital with more than 120 physicians in 30 pediatric subspecialties. The UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center is one of approximately 51 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive centers nationwide. The MIND Institute is an internationally recognized center, devoted to finding treatments and cures for neurodevelopmental disorders.
UC Davis Health is guided by the values of Providing Tomorrow’s Healthcare Today. Employees are committed to improving lives and transforming health care by providing excellent patient care, conducting groundbreaking research, fostering innovation, and creating dynamic, productive partnerships with the community.
Read more about UC Davis Health and more about living in Sacramento
UC Davis Health is searching for post-graduate individuals with a strong interest in learning about healthcare leadership and administration at an academic medical center. UC Davis Health is searching for motivated, curious-minded, and adaptive individuals seeking to develop their healthcare experience and understanding.
Eligible applicants must have received or completed the didactic requirements from an accredited master’s program in:
- Healthcare Administration (MHA)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Or other related master’s degree program
Candidates must also be eligible to work in the United States in order to be considered for the Administrative Fellowship.
Each Administrative Fellow will have a preceptor during each rotation, as well as a designated mentor throughout the fellowship. The fellows will meet with their mentor throughout his/her fellowship to:
- Discuss rotation expectations
- Guide personal/professional development
- Discuss project opportunities
UC Davis Health Administrative Fellowship Program can include the following rotations:
- COO and Chief Administrative Officer of UC Davis Health
- Chief Medical Director, CMO
- Chief Financial Officer, CFO
- Chief Nursing Officer, CNO
- Chief Strategy Officer, CSO
- Chief Experience Officer, CXO
- Chief Operating Officer, Ambulatory
- Executive Directors
- Elective Rotations (Supply Chain, Distribution, Clinical Departments, Service Line Administration, Facilities)
Please note: The Fellowship application has been listed on the NAFCAS website.
- Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript
- Personal Statement (2 pages, double-spaced): Why are you interested in Healthcare Administration? What interests you in doing an Administrative Fellowship, specifically at UC Davis Health?
- Official Graduate School Transcript: Can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicants are applying through NAFCAS, transcripts should be sent directly from your registrar's office to NAFCAS.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (email to email@example.com):
- (1) ACADEMIC
- (1) PROFESSIONAL, and
- (1) OTHER (academic, professional, or letter from your program director)
Please include all necessary documents in one email.
- Begins: July 13, 2022
- Application Due Date: October 7, 2022.
- Informational Webinars:
- August 18th, 2022 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) https://ucdhs.webex.com/ucdhs/j.php?MTID=m57fa1d9956ca1fd98b8c66ba6485aff0
- September 14th, 2022 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) https://ucdhs.webex.com/ucdhs/j.php?MTID=m57fa1d9956ca1fd98b8c66ba6485aff0
- Virtual Interviews: Mid-October
- Finalists Onsite Interviews: Late October/November
- Selection Announcement: November 11, 2022
- Start Date: June or July