Making an Appointment
We make every effort to make our patients' visits with us as efficient as possible. Work-up and treatment of brain tumors can be quite complicated and at times overwhelming for patients. The information on this page is meant to provide you with information to simplify your visit with us.
Key information for your First appointment
Before scheduling an appointment in the Neurosurgery Clinic your referring physician must contact the referral center to request evaluation.
For your first appointment, be sure to bring:
- Medical Records: It is important for our physicians to know your medical history. Please bring copies of your written records to your first visit.
- List of Medications: Please bring a list of all your current medications, including the dosage and how often you take each medicine.
- MRI Scans: Please bring the MRI scan with you to your appointment. These can be obtained from the imaging department where the MRI was taken. Discs are preferred.
- Insurance Information: If your insurance requires a referral, please contact your primary care doctor to assist you in obtaining the referral to the proper physician you will be seeing. A copy of your insurance card will be required on your first visit. The co-pay your card lists for the service will be expected at time of your visit.
Where to stay
4422 Y Street
Sacramento, CA 95817
- Free shuttle service to UCDMC facilities
- UCDMC patient rate
Located within walking distance to UC Davis Medical Center, those visiting hospital patients will convenience of easy access to the UC Davis School of Medicine. It's location in the downtown area makes it easy to enjoy the historic capitol of California and downtown attractions such as old Sacramento.