A range of parking options are available for UC Davis Medical Center patients and visitors, depending on the length and nature of your visit. Click on the tabs below for parking options closest to your destination.
Parking Structure 3
4251 X Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
Parking Structure 3 Rate
$2.00 per 1/2 hour ($18.00 daily maximum)
Extended Parking Options
$20.00 24-Hour Pass
$48.00 3-Day Pass
$185.00 30-Day Pass
- Parking Structure 3 is located at the corner of Stockton Boulevard and “X” Street, adjacent to the hospital's main entrance.
- Patient/Visitor parking is located on the Lower Level, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.
- Please remember to take your entry ticket with you and pay before returning to your vehicle. You will not be able to exit without a paid ticket.
- Payments are accepted at the self-service kiosk (located near the elevators) and card payments are accepted at the exit gate.
- There is no time limit on how long a vehicle may park in Parking Structure 3.
Lot 8 and Lot 11 (Short-Term Parking)
|Lot 8 Parking Rate||Lot 11 Parking Rate|
$2.00 per 1/2 hour (4.0 hour maximum time limit)
$2.00 per 1/2 hour (2.5 hour maximum time limit)
- Lot 8 pay station only accepts credit/debit cards.
- Lot 11 is the metered located in front to the Cypress Building at the corner of Stockton Blvd and Colonial Way.
- Hourly parking may be purchased at one of the pay stations located in the center island.
- Lot 11 pay station accepts cash (exact change only), credit or debit card.
- Vehicle license plate number (or last 5 of VIN #) will need to be entered at pay station in order to purchase parking time.
- Payments can also be made remotely by downloading the ParkMobile App on a smartphone/mobile device. Convenience fees may apply.
Vehicles requiring longer parking should park in Parking Structure 3 near the main hospital entrance, off X Street.
Parking and Transportation Services will start offering valet parking for ED patients on Monday, April 17.
Valet parking services outside the ED will only be offered to patients arriving for care in the ED. This is similar to valet services for patients receiving care at the Comprehensive Cancer Center. Valet parking for patients receiving care in the ED is complimentary for their entire stay, provided they receive validation of their electronic or a printed claim ticket by Guest Relations (window four in the ED). Validation will also be offered for ED patients who choose to self-park in another campus lot.
The ED valet parking service is not designed to be used by employees, providers or visitors to other locations in the UC Davis Medical Center or other campus locations. Anyone who uses the valet service and does not present a validated claim ticket when they pick up their vehicle will be charged $36.
If you have any questions or concerns, please review these FAQs below or contact Parking and Transportation Services at HS-Parking@ucdavis.edu.
How does the ED valet service work?
Below is a description of the arrival process for patients:
- Patient arrives to Emergency Department (ED) and pulls into ED parking lot.
- Driver follows signs to valet drop-off curb.
- Valet attendant will greet vehicle driver as they pull up to the curb.
- Patient will provide their key to the valet attendant.
- Patient will provide a cell phone number or be given a physical valet claim ticket.
- The valet attendant will place a ticket visibly on the dashboard and park the vehicle.
- If a phone number was provided, patient receives a text message with valet ticket information, and link to additional features.
Below is a description of the departure/discharge process for patients:
- Patient receives parking/valet validation at Guest Relations (window four in ED).
- Patient can request their vehicle on their personal mobile device, via the link provided by text, or by presenting their valet claim ticket in-person to valet services.
- Once valet claim ticket is presented and/ or verified, the patient’s vehicle is returned to the valet area and the patient is presented their keys.
- Patient collects vehicle and departs.
Who validates ED patient parking passes?
The ED parking validation will be provided at Guest Relations in the ED at window four.
If ED patients park in one of the parking garages, will their parking pass be validated?
Yes, patients arriving to the ED that do not want to valet their vehicle, may receive a parking validation if they choose to park in one of the visitor/patient parking garages.
To receive a validation for one of the parking garages, patients should bring the parking pass they received when entering the garage with them to the ED. The validation is applied to the parking pass, which will then allow the patient to exit the parking garage.
How will ED patients get their vehicle back?
The departure/discharge instructions are as follows:
- Vehicles are available to be picked up at the same area or valet stand where the Patient first arrived. (Note: Patients should be directed to Guest Relations - window four - for parking validation, as needed, before leaving the ED) Patient can request their vehicle ahead of time on their personal mobile device, via the link provided by text, or by presenting their valet claim ticket in person to valet services.
- Once valet claim ticket is presented and/or verified, patient’s vehicle is returned to the valet area and patient is presented their keys.
- Patient collects vehicle and departs.
What will happen if a parking pass is not validated?
The Valet program is provided only for patients arriving to the Emergency Department. Valet services are complimentary for ED patients and a validation will be available. If a parking pass is unvalidated because the driver was not arriving as an Emergency Department patient, then a flat fee of $36 will be collected before the driver can retrieve their vehicle.
What if ED patients do not want to use the valet service?
Patients arriving at the Emergency Department who do not want to valet their vehicle will be directed to a patient parking garage. Patients arriving there may also be directed to a limited number of self-park stalls, if available.
If the ED patient is admitted to the hospital, will their parking be covered for their full visit?
Yes, as long as they receive an ED parking validation.
If someone arrives to visit a patient currently in the ED, are they eligible to use the service?
No, the valet program is provided only for patients arriving to the Emergency Department. Visitors arriving to visit a patient in the ED will be directed to a patient/visitor parking garage.
Cancer Center Parking During Construction
Below are the new parking options available to patients and visitors. Our goal is to offer you excellent parking services and to ease any concerns you have while we undergo construction on our campus.
While the project will not disrupt Cancer Center medical services, parking is being re-routed to accommodate construction traffic. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding as we work to improve our services. For additional information regarding the Comprehensive Cancer Center click here.
Valet Parking - Patients Only
Location: Attendants are located on the north side of the Cancer Center.
Vehicle drop-off and retrieval: Upon arrival, the attendant will greet you, give you a claim ticket and park your car. After your visit, present your claim ticket to the attendant for payment and to retrieve your vehicle.
- Patients: No cost for valet parking with Cancer Center clinic validation.
- Without validation: $3 per ½ hour with an $18 daily maximum.
Payment via Credit Card Only. Tips for valet attendants are not required or expected.
Hours: Valet services are available Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Self Parking - Patients and Visitors
Location: Parking Structure 3 offers space for patient and visitor self-parking. The entrance to Parking Structure 3 is at 4251 X Street.
- Patients: $2 with clinic validation
- All other visitors without validation: $2 per ½ hour with an $18 daily maximum.
Payment via cash, credit, Apple Pay and Goggle Pay via the kiosks.
We hope that we have anticipated all of your needs through the parking options provided. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience through this process.
For questions or assistance, please contact us.
UC Davis Health Parking and Transportation Services
916-734-2687 or https://health.ucdavis.edu/parking/
UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
916-734-5959 or 800-770-9261
Parking Structure 2
4870 Y Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
|Parking Structure 2 Parking Rate|
$2.00 per 1/2 hour
$18.00 daily maximum
- Parking Structure 2 is located along “Y” Street, adjacent the Lawrence J Ellison Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) building.
- Patient/Visitor parking is available on Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3.