Clinical Child PsychologyPost-doctoral Fellowship
Our post-doctoral fellowship program in clinical child psychology offers fellows the best of both worlds: training from a strong academic approach that emphasizes evidence-based treatment within the context of providing complex clinical work in a community mental health outpatient setting.
Alongside UC Davis Clinical Faculty, doctoral psychology interns, as well as psychiatry residents and fellows, our clinical child psychology fellows receive their advanced training and provide direct psychological services at the Sacramento County Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services (CAPS) Clinic, which serves diverse Sacramento County Medi-Cal/EPSDT child and family recipients.
How to apply
For the 2022-2023 academic year, the department is pleased to have two post-doctoral clinical fellowship positions that begin on September 1, 2022. The fellowship is a full-time, one-year appointment that will end in August of the following year. Fellows receive a stipend of $48,900 for the training year and resident and fellow benefits provided by UC Davis.
Friday December 31, 2021 (11:59PM, EST)
Early application is encouraged and applications will be reviewed as they are received. Please refer to our manual and brochure for further detail about our training opportunities, as well as our program’s response to COVID-19.
All applicants must have:
- Attended an APA-accredited doctoral program, preferably in clinical or counseling psychology (school psychology program applicants with a strong emphasis in clinical psychology will also be considered)
- Attended an APA-accredited internship
- Completed all requirements for their doctoral degree prior to September 1, 2022
- Applicants who are bilingual in English and Spanish and/or are from minoritized ethnic/racial/cultural groups are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply, submit the following items using the APPA CAS (program code 160857):
- A cover letter
- A current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (a minimum of one from your current internship site)
Carlina Ramirez Wheeler, Ph.D.
Elizabeth Solomon Loyola, Psy.D.
Associate Trainng Director
Fellowship Programs Administrator
Clinical Child Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program