What sets UC Davis behavioral health services apart?
Our psychiatry and behavioral health physicians are renowned leaders in their specialties and are addressing mental health illnesses in adults with the latest and most inventive treatment protocols and approaches.
Many are involved in leading-edge research studies, which can translate into advances in treatment. For our patients, this unique advantage can mean new options for prevention, diagnosis and treatment – many not available elsewhere in our region – and help for complex conditions from leaders in their fields.
The Adult Psychiatry division is in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences on the grounds of the UC Davis Medical Center campus.
Treatment and services we provide include:
- Consultations and evaluations
- Medication management
- Collaborative care model for common psychiatric conditions
- Comprehensive psychiatric assessment
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) treatment and group therapy
- Women’s mental health clinic treating conditions unique to women, including those related to pregnancy, menopause, menstruation and fertility
To make an appointment
Mental and behavioral health services require a referral from your primary care doctor. To schedule an appointment for you or a loved one, have the following information ready:
- Insurance card and/or eligibility information for your or your dependent
- List of current medications you or your loved one is taking
- Method of payment for your insurance co-payment, if applicable
- If applicable, share any changes in your address, employment, or insurance coverage
To find out about available mental health providers, please call our main appointment line, 916-734-3574.
Conditions we treat
Following are some of the common psychiatric conditions we treat:
- Anxiety disorders and stress
- Insomnia, sleep disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Early psychosis
- Women’s mental health care
- Trauma treatment for domestic violence, sexual / physical assault, hate crimes, human trafficking, others