Clinical Child PsychologyDoctoral Internship Program
Our doctoral internship program in clinical child psychology offers interns the best of both worlds: training from a strong academic approach that emphasizes evidence-based treatment within the context of providing complex clinical work in community mental health and integrated behavioral health outpatient settings.
Alongside UC Davis Clinical Faculty, postdoctoral psychology fellows, as well as psychiatry residents and fellows, our clinical child psychology interns will receive their training and provide direct psychological services at the Sacramento County Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services (CAPS) Clinic, which serves diverse Sacramento County Medi-Cal/EPSDT child and family recipients. In addition, interns who match with our program for the 22-23 training year will also get an opportunity to rotate at a UC Davis Health Pediatrics Clinic, providing exposure to integrated behavioral health care.
How to apply
It is our goal to retain interested and skilled interns and advance them toward licensure and their early careers by providing a combined two-year, internship and fellowship training sequence. Please note that any interested fellowship applicants will need to follow the application procedures detailed on APPIC (UPPD) and on our website.
- Interested applicants must submit their applications using the APPI by November 21, 2021. Early submission is recommended.
- Prospective candidates will be notified via email by Friday December 17, 2021 whether or not they will be granted a virtual interview (via Zoom) with the training director and supervisors.
- Please see our program brochure and APPIC website for further detail on eligibility criteria and how to apply.
- Additionally, applicants who are bilingual in English and Spanish and/or are from minoritized ethnic/racial/cultural groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Prospective interns are also encouraged to review training materials and opportunities afforded by our post-doctoral fellowship program at the time of their application.
The UC Davis Clinical Child Doctoral Internship Program is currently a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers) APPIC and was awarded full accreditation by the American Psychological Association (APA). The next APA review period will take place in 2024. Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation.
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979
UC Davis Health
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Clinical Child Psychology Training Program
2230 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95817-1419
To contact the program directly:
Carlina Ramirez Wheeler, Ph.D.
Elizabeth Solomon Loyola, Psy.D.
Associate Trainng Director
Fellowship Programs Administrator
Clinical Child Psychology Doctoral Internship Program