UC Davis Health sponsors a select number of events that are strongly aligned with its mission of discovering and sharing knowledge to advance health. The health system’s sponsorship program follows a thorough process of evaluating sponsorship opportunities. The opportunities that are ultimately funded make a positive impact on our communities.
Several documents influence the sponsorship guidelines at UC Davis Health:
As a publicly supported academic medical center, UC Davis Health does not maintain a private foundation, nor does the institution award grants. Sponsorship is defined as direct financial or in-kind support for community benefit programs or special events, and may include (though is not limited to) nonprofit agency fundraisers (breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, walks/runs), speakers series/lectures, health fairs or other community outreach that closely align with the UC Davis Health mission, vision and strategic plan.
Requests must meet university policies and procedures and promote the effective community engagement strategies of UC Davis Health. All requests must comply with university policies and procedures and promote one or more of the following:
- Engagement: Academic preparation, collaborative partnerships, community benefit, government relations, health promotion and outreach.
- Marketing: Align with organizational positioning and current focus areas, appropriateness of target audience, potential to increase awareness, name recognition or new patient volume.
- Advancement: Fostering extramural support, stewarding current donors, cultivating new sources of future philanthropic support, supporting funders’ initiatives.
- Advancing Health Equity and Addressing Disparities: Strengthening UC Davis Health’s role as an Anchor Institution and providing culturally competent care.
As a publicly supported academic medical center, UC Davis Health does not maintain a private foundation, nor does the institution award grants. A limit of one sponsorship request per organization should be submitted per calendar year. Sponsorships for multiple events should be bundled into one request.
A limit of one sponsorship request per organization should be submitted per calendar year. Sponsorships for multiple events should be bundled into one request.
UC Davis Health cannot support the following:
- Travel expenses
- Religious activities, in whole or part, for the purpose of furthering a specific religious doctrine
- Requests that benefit an individual or family
- General operating expenses (including salaries, rent, etc.)
- Political candidates, campaigns, or organizations
- Memorials, scholarships, or endowments
- Capital requests
- Multi-year requests
- Events or organizations outside UC Davis Health service area
- Field trips or tours
- School teams
- Employees, teams or other individuals in a fundraising event or activity
- Conference fees
- Specific recreational or amateur sports teams or leagues not identified as a strategic initiative for UC Davis Health.
- Requests submitted by University of California staff, faculty, and students.
In addition, requests submitted by University of California staff, faculty and students will not be considered.
All requests for sponsorship must be submitted with the following:
- Completed Sponsorship Request Form
- Letter of request on the organization's letterhead
- W-9 Form
- Breakdown of all sponsorship levels that include benefits
- List of organization's board of directors and/or event committee members
Requests for sponsorship with all the above documentation must be received via email by the following deadline dates:
|Opportunity or Event Date||Submission Window|
|December, January or February||September 15 - October 30|
|March, April or May||December 15 - January 31|
|June, July or August||March 15 - April 29|
|September, October or November||June 15 - July 31|
Requests received past the deadline may not be reviewed. Requests submitted by University of California staff, faculty or students will not be considered. The application must be submitted by a staff or board member of the organization requesting support.
Annual, planned or expected sponsorship requests should be submitted during the annual budget preparation process in order to be included in the UC Davis Health’s approved fiscal year budget.
Requests for sponsorship must be provided in writing on a university-approved form, along with additional supporting materials. Information can be accessed at Sponsorships at UC Davis Health.
The Sponsorship Advisory Group will meet as needed to review, evaluate, and make sponsorship recommendations.
As best practice, individual departments that have budgeted funds for sponsorships should ensure Hospital Administration is aware of the intended sponsorship and funding source.
- Departments that submit a request with plans to use Sponsorship funds to supplement department budgeted funds for an organization must ensure the organization submits a request, disclose the intent, and meet submission timelines as outlined on the sponsorship website.
- Departments that wish to support an organization may not supplement with departmental funds to change the amount of the funding unless approved in advance by the Sponsorship Advisory Group.
Decisions are based on consistency with the criteria mentioned previously. However, due to the overwhelming number of requests and limited availability of funds, a request may be denied even if it fits the criteria.
Official notification of approval or denial will come in the form of a letter or email no later than 45 days post deadline date.
Questions should be directed to: