Our team provides a variety of services for clinicians, faculty, and staff to access and work with UC Davis Health data.
If you think you know what data you need and you are part of UC Davis Health, please review the options below. If the services listed do not provide the options you need, or you're unsure if the data you need are available and accessible, please request a consult from one of our data management experts.
Reports, Dashboards, and Data Extracts
Requested by any UC Davis Health employee involved in patient care or health system operations, including nurses working on QI, Laboratory staff, Researchers, Finance, Clinical Operations, Quality & Safety, and IT Epic Applications teams.
- There are several data sources and reporting tools that can be used to fulfill a report/dashboard/data extract request. It is important to determine the requirements for each request as it relates to scope of data, format, workflow in which the report/dashboard/extract will be used, and how often it will be run.
- Reports can be delivered in the Epic EMR via Reporting Workbench (MyReports) and Radar Dashboards or outside the EMR in tools such as Tableau, Crystal Reports, OneDrive, and Web Intelligence (WebI). They can be scheduled to run at regular frequencies and sent to end-users via shared folders.
- We have a small team compared to the many requests we get every week; please allow time for your request to be fulfilled.
The quickest way to obtain a report or dashboard it to look in our enterprise report catalog to see if something already exists or can be easily modified to meet your needs.
Access to Clinical Data Sources
Technical analysts can request access to existing clinical data sources like Clarity or Caboodle. In accordance with UC Davis Health policy, analysts will typically be granted access with appropriate level of training with the source systems to which they are requesting access, and programming skills to query and retrieve the data.
- Access to existing clinical data sources like Clarity, Caboodle is granted based on the user role, departmental approval, and Epic certification or proficiency
Request a Consultation
Our team supports multiple ongoing, longitudinal efforts encompassing quality of care, clinical effectiveness, research, and education. Some examples of how our analytic resource management/data management experts can provide assistance include:
- Creating new metrics or population definitions
- Developing a clinical registry
- Directing you to the data of interest
- Consulting on data management best practices
- Providing storage and compute environments
If you're unsure if the data you need are available or you're unclear about the best way to gain access, please request a consult from one of our data management experts, who are here to help ensure you have access to the right data, at the right time, in the right format to inform and guide the work that you do.
Training and Access to Tools
- REDCap training and access (Internal Only)
- Epic Report Access (Internal Only) - request secure access to Epic Reporting Tools including Reporting Workbench (My Reports) and Radar.
- EMR Report Catalog
- Training analysts on becoming Honest Brokers for research data extracts (coming soon)