- The UCD Health Data Provisioning Core (DPC) exists to support the majority of health data analysis needs at UCDH through the provisioning of well-characterized health-related data and derived information to data requestors.
- The mission of the DPC is to publish high quality and enterprise reusable curated data using reproducible, efficient, and scalable processes which is fundamental to UCDH’s mission to become a leading modern learning health system and a driver of advanced health technologies.
- The UCD Health DPC’s novel structure and collaborative operational model will enable efficient, reliable, and scalable data provisioning to drive health innovation at UCDH.
The DPC is comprised of three foundational teams:
The Acquisition and Architecture Team (AAT) supports the development and management of clinical data assets for secondary use at UC Davis Health. In coordination with each DSU, the AAT provides the hardware, software, and workflow processes to support data acquisition from both EHR and non-EHR sources.
The Data Curation Team (DCT) is focused on large scale aggregation and semantic curation of both raw and computed data fields, and the derivation of data assets including patient registries, complex clinical metrics, and outcome measures.
The Data Access and Delivery Team (DADT) is the customer facing branch of the department and has several core functions:
- Data request intake and concierge services,
- Domain-agnostic, project specific data asset development,
- Provisioning of data sets and reports, and
- Facilitating direct access to data through self-service tools (e.g. Epic reporting workbench).
The Data Provisioning Core Offers:
Integrated clinical, financial, and operational data that provides timely information, adds knowledge, and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and patient care.
Transforming data into information that creates knowledge and actionable insights requires analysis and understanding. Analyze, synthesize, and interpret data from patient records, clinical operations, and other sources.
Research data extracts, reports and dashboards, data curation, consultation, and access to data sources and tools.