Data Acquisition and Architecture
The Acquisition and Architecture Team (AAT) supports the development and management of clinical data assets for secondary use at UC Davis Health. In coordination with each DSU, the AAT provides the hardware, software, and workflow processes to support data acquisition from both EHR and non-EHR sources. The AAT manages core data storage resources and data structures including Epic’s Clarity and Caboodle, UC Health Data Warehouse (OMOP), custom database design and administration, ETL processes, and support for foundational DPC software applications such as Collibra and Tableau. The AAT includes expertise in ETL development and maintenance, data architectures, database administration, data security, and documentation.
- Manages Epic Clarity and Caboodle storage environments, and non-Epic enterprise data marts
- Implements best practices in systems integration, data storage, aggregation, and auditing
- Supports key business intelligence software applications
- Works with members of the UC Davis Health IT Infrastructure Team to allocate the data storage and processing hardware needed to support DSU and ADT developers
- Works with members of the System Integration team within IT to implement and manage system interfaces